Nessie - Irish National
Nessie is of course referring to the Loch Ness Monster, the silhouette of which resembles the shape of the frame.
- Handcrafted in the UK
- Lightweight & strong
- Fully adjustable nose pads
Fully adjustable temples
- Beautiful tartan fabric design
- Unique, one of a kind
Prescription / Frame Only
We sell all our optical eyewear as 'frame only'.
Simply take your tartan eyewear to your local optician and they can install your prescription for you.
Click the + tab to the left or below to find more information about product features.
- TARTAN HANDMADE: Every frame is made from tartan fabric made in Scotland. The tartan pattern will be a little different in every frame making each pair 'one of a kind'.
- HANDCRAFTED IN SCOTLAND: All of our frames are crafted by hand using our sustainable technology and traditional artisanal techniques. Our workshop is based in an old biscuit factory in Edinburgh
- HEMP CORE: Your friends are going to ask questions. We have created the most unique material in eyewear using our eco technology. Organic hemp is our core material with the tartan fabric showing at the front.
- SUSTAINABLE: Hemp is one of the most sustainable, eco friendly and diverse resources on earth. That's why it's our material of choice.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STRONG - Our technology produces solid hemp material which has comparable properties to carbon fibre. Perfect for comfortable eyewear.
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPLES: Spring hinges and steel temples are fully adjustable behind the ear to fit any shape of head.
- ADJUSTABLE NOSE PADS: Metal nose pads are also adjustable to customers bridge.
- VEGAN - We care about the welfare of animals as well as sustainability. Vegan eyewear from packaging, production to our candelilla polish.
- BOX, POUCH, CLEANING CLOTH - we provide everything you need to keep your sunglasses safe and lenses clean. Box and pouch are also made from hemp
Ireland, like Scotland is a Celtic nation. The Irish National tartan was designed as a celebration of Ireland, its culture and identity. alongside the revival of the Irish language (Gaelic.)
44mm - 23mm - 145mm
(Lens width - Bridge - Temple length)