Frequently Asked Questions
Send an enquiry using the contact form on the Bespoke or Bespoke Plus pages.
The base rate price for a Bespoke frame is £250, going up to a maximum of £350 without lenses.
The base rate price for a Bespoke Plus frame is £450, the maximum price depends entirely on the project.
Once we receive your initial enquiry we'll calculate the cost based on your choices / preferences and get back to you with the quote.
Yes, for single vision lenses simply send us your prescription by email after your initial enquiry. If you want bifocal we can send frame only for your optician to glaze the frame.
A Bespoke frame order will take up to 6 weeks to manufacture, glaze and be sent out to you once payment has been made.
A Bespoke Plus frame could take up to 8 weeks to complete the design, prototyping, manufacturing, glazing and delivery, depending on the complexity of the design.
You will be kept up to date throughout the process of making your bespoke frame.
For a Bespoke frame order we require 100% of the payment upfront.
For a Bespoke Plus frame we require 50% payment upfront then the other 50% prior to delivery.
In both cases we will only ask for payment once you are totally happy with your selections.
We're confident in your frame fitting perfectly on your first try. However, in the event that our measurements fall short of your expectations, we're pleased to offer a free remake with updated measurements.
Due to the custom nature of Bespoke frames we do not accept returns. However, if your frame does not fit correctly as a result of our measurements, we will be happy to remake the frames until the fit is perfect.
All eyewear including Bespoke orders are made in our Edinburgh workshop. They are made ethically, with care and expertise.
Our Bespoke services are available worldwide as we take measurements digitally and consultation for Bespoke Plus frames are done over video call.
- Cleaning: Use a soft, dry cloth to gently wipe your hemp eyewear to remove any dust or dirt. Avoid using any abrasive cleaners or chemical solutions as this can damage / dry out the frame.
- Protecting: Apply wax to the frame using a piece of cloth so there is a visible wax layer on the surface. Leave the wax to soak in for at least 30 minutes before wiping off with a dry, clean cloth. Repeat at least every 2 months for warmer climates, or every 4 months for cooler climates.
- Avoid water: Do not submerge your hemp eyewear in water or expose it to excessive moisture. Water can cause the hemp to expand, damaging the surface finish.4. Avoid extreme high temperatures: To prevent the frames from drying out, it is advisable to avoid exposing your hemp eyewear to extremely high temperatures.
- Store properly: When not in use, store your hemp eyewear in a case to protect it from scratches and other damage.
- Handle with care: Hemp eyewear is strong but not as flexible as plastic. Avoid twisting or bending the frames and temples, and do not place them face-down on hard surfaces in order to protect the lenses.
We offer a guarantee against any product fault for two years after the day of purchase.
The warranty covers manufacturing product faults that are outside of general wear and tear.
No, you just need your order confirmation email, or receipt/confirmation from the optician that the frame was purchased from.
Send us an email with the order confirmation, and a description / photos of the fault.
Send us an email with a description / photos of the fault, and we'll be in touch.