Our eyewear is handcrafted by skilled artisans in our Edinburgh based workshop. This frame is ‘made to order’ and takes 4 weeks crafting and delivery time.
Named after Robin Hood's Bay, a historic fishing village located in the heart of the North York Moors National Park. The fisherman of Robin Hood's Bay used hemp in their fishing nets. Historically around 1000AD most fishing nets in the UK were made from hemp and nettle fibre.
Robin is our classic rectangular style frame.
Sustainable: organic hemp fibres, lifetime repair policy, vegan
- Unique: randomly aligned fibres on the front of each frame
- High-quality comfort: spring hinges to fit heads of all sizes, hemp nose pads, lightweight and strong
- Sold as frame only
- MADE FROM HEMP - Your friends are going to ask questions. We have created the most unique material in eyewear using our eco technology.
- CHOICE OF LENSES - Scroll below to see full descriptions of our lens choices.
- QUALITY SPRING HINGES - Eyewear to fit any shape of head. Hinges made from high quality nickel alloy.
- ONE OF A KIND - Nature has no straight lines. Individual plant fibres form different patterns within the material making every pair unique.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STRONG - Our technology produces solid hemp material which has comparable properties to carbon fibre. Perfect for comfortable eyewear.
- QUALITY HANDCRAFTED IN UK - All of our frames are crafted by hand using sustainable technology and traditional artisanal techniques.
- VEGAN - We care about the welfare of animals as well as sustainability. Vegan eyewear from packaging, production to polish.
- BOX, POUCH, CLEANING CLOTH - we provide everything you need to keep your sunglasses safe and lenses clean. Box and pouch are also made from hemp
*Note: After purchasing your Hemp Eyewear frame we will email you asking for a photo of your lens prescription*
- SINGLE-VISION - DISTANCE
You need this lens if you have a prescription to help you see further away (short-sightedness). Every lens has an anti-glare and anti-scratch coating as standard.
- SINGLE-VISION - READING
You need this lens if you have a prescription to help you see objects closer to like a book for reading (long-sightedness). Every lens has an anti-glare and anti-scratch coating as standard.
- FRAME ONLY
Receive your Hemp Eyewear frame without lenses. Ready for your local optician to fit your prescription lenses.
- BLUE-LIGHT BLOCKING
Special lenses which block 35% of blue light from digital screens like your mobile phone of laptop. Excessive use of digital screens can cause:
- Trouble sleeping (melatonin imbalance affects circadian rhythm)
- Digital eyestrain (blurry vision, difficulty focusing, dry irritated eyes)
- Frequent headaches
- Mental fatigue and feeling of tiredness
- Increased risk of depression or lower mood
Positive effects of wearing blue-light filtering lenses include:
- Improves sleep quality and quantity (helps regulate circadian rhythm the body's sleep/wake cycle)
- Elevates mood
- Boosts alertness and reaction times
- Improves memory, learning and general cognitive function
- Improves eye comfort (alleviates digital eye strain)
- BLUE-LIGHT BLOCKING (NO PRESCRIPTION)
50mm - 18mm - 145mm
(Lens width - Bridge - Temple length)
Free shipping and no hassle returns
- Free international shipping
- Current manufacturing time: 8 weeks
- Delivery time: 1 working day (UK)
- Delivery time: 7-10 working days (International)
- Full tracking on every order
- Free UK & international returns
- 14 day return policy