8000 BCE Optical
Our eyewear is handcrafted by skilled artisans in our Edinburgh based workshop. This frame is ‘made to order’ and takes 8-10 weeks crafting and delivery time.
The first traces of hemp usage were found to be in 8000 BCE in the Asian regions that are now modern day China and Taiwan. Considering that human agriculture started about 10,000 years ago, it is assumed that hemp was one of the first agricultural crops.
Fine details: unique temple artwork and temple tip design feature
- 100% natural dye: chlorophyll powder and water
- Sustainable: organic hemp fibres, lifetime repair policy, vegan
- High-quality comfort: spring hinges to fit heads of all sizes, hemp nose pads, lightweight and strong
- Sold as frame only
- MADE FROM HEMP + 100% NATURAL DYE - Your friends are going to ask questions. We have created the most unique materials in eyewear using our eco technology.
- 100% UV PROTECTION - Full UV400 lenses for protection full from the sun.
- QUALITY SPRING HINGES - Eyewear to fit any shape of head. Hinges made from high quality nickel alloy.
- ONE OF A KIND - Nature has no straight lines. Individual plant fibres form different patterns within the material making every pair unique.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STRONG - Our technology produces solid hemp material which has comparable properties to carbon fibre. Perfect for comfortable eyewear.
- QUALITY HANDCRAFTED IN UK - All of our frames are crafted by hand using sustainable technology and traditional artisanal techniques.
- VEGAN - We care about the welfare of animals as well as sustainability. Vegan eyewear from packaging, production to polish.
- BOX, POUCH, CLEANING CLOTH - we provide everything you need to keep your sunglasses safe and lenses clean. Box and pouch are also made from hemp
50mm - 22mm - 145mm
(Lens width - Bridge - Temple length)
Free shipping and no hassle returns
- Free international shipping
- Current manufacturing time: 8 weeks
- Delivery time: 1 day (UK)
- Delivery time: 7-10 working days (International)
- Full tracking on every order
- Free UK & international returns
- 14 day return policy