Features & Lenses
- MADE FROM HEMP - Your friends are going to ask questions. We have created the most unique material in eyewear using our eco technology.
- CHOICE OF LENSES - Scroll below to see full descriptions of our lens choices.
- QUALITY SPRING HINGES - Eyewear to fit any shape of head. Hinges made from high quality nickel alloy.
- ONE OF A KIND - Nature has no straight lines. Individual plant fibres form different patterns within the material making every pair unique.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & STRONG - Our technology produces solid hemp material which has comparable properties to carbon fibre. Perfect for comfortable eyewear.
- QUALITY HANDCRAFTED IN UK - All of our frames are crafted by hand using sustainable technology and traditional artisanal techniques.
- VEGAN - We care about the welfare of animals as well as sustainability. Vegan eyewear from packaging, production to polish.
- BOX, POUCH, CLEANING CLOTH - we provide everything you need to keep your sunglasses safe and lenses clean. Box and pouch are also made from hemp
*Note: After purchasing your Hemp Eyewear frame we will email you asking for a photo of your lens prescription*
- SINGLE-VISION - DISTANCE
You need this lens if you have a prescription to help you see further away (short-sightedness). Every lens has an anti-glare and anti-scratch coating as standard.
- SINGLE-VISION - READING
You need this lens if you have a prescription to help you see objects closer to like a book for reading (long-sightedness). Every lens has an anti-glare and anti-scratch coating as standard.
- FRAME ONLY
Receive your Hemp Eyewear frame without lenses. Ready for your local optician to fit your prescription lenses.
- BLUE-LIGHT BLOCKING
Special lenses which block 35% of blue light from digital screens like your mobile phone of laptop. Excessive use of digital screens can cause:
- Trouble sleeping (melatonin imbalance affects circadian rhythm)
- Digital eyestrain (blurry vision, difficulty focusing, dry irritated eyes)
- Frequent headaches
- Mental fatigue and feeling of tiredness
- Increased risk of depression or lower mood
Positive effects of wearing blue-light filtering lenses include:
- Improves sleep quality and quantity (helps regulate circadian rhythm the body's sleep/wake cycle)
- Elevates mood
- Boosts alertness and reaction times
- Improves memory, learning and general cognitive function
- Improves eye comfort (alleviates digital eye strain)
- BLUE-LIGHT BLOCKING (NO PRESCRIPTION)